Monday, November 24, 2008

penchant for the melancholy

i've been crazy over this song for months. mia michaels choreographed the top 16 routine for sytycd 4 using this song. and of course mark kanemura was centrestage. (hee!) it was oddly heart piercing. it was odd because of the get up (make up and black + white coloured costumes). heart piercing because the song just is.

as is (somewhat) common knowledge, i have a tendency to go for songs which invoke alot of melancholy within me. strangely, i enjoy losing myself in such songs. the song brings me to various points in my life before when i was so desolate and wretched. the sense of longing just breaks my heart.
i yearn for that feeling of wretchedness sometimes. the intensity of such emotions propels me somehow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dance


Inside my mouth i can hear all the voices say
"Do not lean over the ledge"
I shouldn't look down and I shouldn't have found
That your lips I still taste in my head
Raising my glass to the head of the class
As she powers out steps one through ten
I think I'll be fine if I'm covered in wine
I still hate you and love you again
And see you again
And see you again

Weary and worn little monster is born
Tell me lies and I'll justify them
Desperate today and it's making me pay
For that night for that kiss for your bed
Whoever dared to love someone not there
I don't need a balloon and a pin
The name of the game is outrunning the blame
So I hate you and love you we're friends
Guess we'll be friends
I guess we'll be friends

Oh why (why) can't (can't) you take me in your arms now?
Why (why) can't (can't) you take me?
Why (why) can't (can't) you take me in your arms now?
Why (why) can't (can't) you take me?

Better stop crying hello and goodbye-ing
Go on through me slip right through my hands
You get your time and the other half's mine
It's okay this love weighs fifty men
It's okay this love weighs fifty men

oh why (why) can't (can't) you take me in your arms now?
why (why) can't (can't) you take me?
Why can't you take me?

Amen
Amen

-Charlotte Martin-

No comments: