Monday, August 13, 2007

first chills of the season

those words above were said by cat deeley. and i totally agreed with her. it was during the top 20 performance round for So You Think You Can Dance season 3. mia michaels choreographed a contemporary piece for lacey and kameron.

1) mia michaels is fab-ulous!! alright, disclaimer: i only know of a few choreographers out there, foreign and local. thus, i'm only basing such judgment on my limited knowledge of great choreographers out there. nonetheless, i think you would think she is great once you've watched her choreography. it's so out of the box and somehow her emotive pieces are so damn moving. and cat was right - mia is just so able to evoke chills. the choreography, how lacey and kameron got into character is just amazing. lacey may not be as technically competent as some of the other contemporary female dancers. but she threw herself into it. and i think it was absolutely lovely. it represented so well how lovers struggle with relationships. the fights, frustrations, doubts, bittersweet moments throughout the course of loving each other. it was beautiful. made me wish i could dance like that and find a partner who could emote back in dance form. the intensity could just kill me. but oh the bliss.

2) i am a sucker for such tormented, inner struggle kinda thangs. i am absolutely fascinated by it.

3) and the song. dancing by elisa. man. such a nice haunting song. once again, i'm such a sucker for songs that pierces my soul.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dancing

Time is gonna take my mind
and carry it far away where I can fly
The depth of life will dim my temptation to live for you
If I were to be alone silence would rock my tears
'cause it's all about love and I know better
How life is a waving feather

So I put my arms around you around you
And I know that I'll be leaving soon

My eyes are on you they're on you
And you see that I can't stop shaking
No, I won't step back but I'll look down to hide from your eyes
'cause what I feel is so sweet and I'm scared that even my own breath
Oh could burst it if it were a bubble
And I'd better dream if I have to struggle

So I put my arms around you around you
And I hope that I will do no wrong
My eyes are on you they're on you
And I hope that you won't hurt me

I'm dancing in the room as if I was in the woods with you
No need for anything but music
Music's the reason why I know time still exists
Time still exists
Time still exists

So I put my arms around you around you
And I hope that I will do no wrong
My eyes are on you they're on you
And I hope that you won't hurt me

So I put my arms around you around you
And I hope that I will do no wrong
My eyes are on you they're on you
And I hope that you won't hurt me

- Elisa -

No comments: