Wednesday, September 14, 2005

arbitrary.

apologies to those who actually visit this ancient site. i'm too lazy to update. as how my mom would say it, "your heart gotta be in it". and well, my heart hasn't been into the blogging mode. yea, i have time on my hands. but blogging seems to take too much effort at this point of time. hell, i was supposed to upload pics of my pekanbaru trip so that people can see the pics. but i haven't gotten round to doing it. *shrug*

well. since my last entry. i've been to pekanbaru and back. celebrated dom's bday. repaired my pc. caught up on lost. got a new tuition kid. watched boi sakti's 'reminiscing the moon'. and a whole lot of other thangs.

pekanbaru
it was a good experience. i am grateful for abg azmi for giving me the chance to go. the other groups were good. it kinda prompted me to watch other dance performances in singapore. i like how some of the groups had their technique and stamina down pat. it was quite amazing. granted, most of them weren't traditional malay dances or limited themselves to the malay culture. it definitely crossed the line but it was precisely the material for me to ponder over. granted, i didnt watch all the dances or paid attention to everything. but i guess i did take in what i wanted to.

for a moment, i desperately wanted to be better. correction: dance better. it does sound frivolous. but hell, i just wanna be good at something.

it did make me seriously consider choreographing for a moment. however, self-doubt crept in and well.. you get the idea.

dom's bday
we got him cake. del and i got him a nice shirt. (at least WE think it's nice. hurhur) and well he called us wonderful nac ppl. heheh.

boi sakti's ' reminiscing the moon'
woohoo. i liiiiiike!! it wasnt malay dance. it was modern contemporary dance. but it did have malay cultural influences. hey, the man's indonesian. there were definitely elements in that dance which i wished abg azmi incorporated into the 'terikat' dance we brought to pekanbaru. i cant remember all the steps la. but the precision was quite good. it was quite refreshing. the water on the stage. that was real nice. reeeeeal nice. must had quite a big budget. hah! should watch more of such performances i think. keep an open mind. i also realised that choreographers also have a certain similarity in their works. like a trademark move or formation. hmmm.

misc
uh. my mind's drawing a blank. so cant really think of what to type. please remind me to update my blog. hhaha.

No comments: